Sunday, August 27, 2017

Pantone pee & other thoughts

I feel like I'm doing research for Pantone: Right now my toilet has one of those little blue cleaning discs in the tank to keep everything fresh and every time I pee into the blue water (in various states of hydration) a new shade of green peers back at me from its immaculate porcelain goblet. I think this perspective would inspire a new wave of hydration-mindfulness. It's very hard not to focus on whether or not you've had enough water that day when peeing feels more like an art project than gross and critical self-analysis. Have I taken care of my body today? What would I name this exact shade of green?

It's currently late at night in the interim of Saturday and Sunday and I'm sitting in bed typing with the smell of my new gardenia and tuberose candle bathing my senses in crisp floral bliss (I'll get back to this). Sam flies up in 5 days which brings to light my shock/awe at how quickly this summer went by, in all of its obstinate ups and downs. What a weird season. When we're kids everything suddenly lacks structure so we are left to our own devices in deciding how to spend the freedom and sunshine and warm days, which essentially sets the mood of our childhood. I'm not sure how my perception of it will change as I get older and don't have to go to school anymore. I'll keep you updated.

I'd also like to use this platform to formally announce that I am now a candle person. You can find my registry at Anthropologie under my first and last name or you could just stick to the eternal doctrine that I love the way gardenia and jasmine smell. You should also know that I love pretty colored glass jars with well-designed lids. Buy me pretty and good-smelling candles and you will be let into my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment